Monday, April 21, 2008

Cleaning House...

I have so many millions of thoughts in my head right now that I want to blog about. I will start with a diet update. So far I am down about 9 pounds- but then again, I haven't checked since last week so it could be lower than I thought... wouldn't that be nice? So keep praying for endurance and a right mind about this all. It's kind of weird. I suddenly seem to have so many priorities that keep me from being able to work out as much as I would like to and need to be. So when you pray for me, please pray that I would prioritize to make time for the most important things and learn to let the little things go more often. Thanks.

So on to the blogging- wow. What a week last week was! It was a whirlwind and before i knew it we were back to Monday- how did that happen? Where did the time go? I am sitting in my office which is currently undergoing "organizing". You have to understand what that means when I do it. It means I literally go through every single thing I own and throw out about 1/4 to 1/2 of it all and I completely revamp the way things were before. Since we just moved it's worse because nothing actually had a place. Most of this junk was just sitting in boxes. I was half tempted to throw out the boxes but I found some funny memories amongst the junk so I am glad I decided to sort it rather than toss it all. I am proud that I have not maintained the pack rat personality that I used to have. It was awful. I would keep the most odd things thinking that "someday" I might use them. Now I know if it's not seasonal and I wont be using it in the next 6 months it's out. *ahhhhhhhhhh* Feels good to purge every once in a while.

I was actually thinking about that just a moment ago as I came across an old journal of mine. I had written several prayers in there and had forgotten about them until just now. I was a passionate young thing once upon a time. The passion is still here, it's just been suffocated by the things of life so much that it's hardly recognizable any more. One of my prayers revealed my heart's truest deep desire to get rid of all of the lies Satan had put in to my mind and to fill that space with truth and with the goodness of God. I still feel that way. When I watch TV I don't think about the impact it has long term but I realize in just the month since we have had cable in our home how desensitized I have become to certain words, certain actions, certain lifestyles. It's all just "entertainment" for me, but really- is that what God wants me to be filling my head with? Not exactly.Read Philippians 4:8 (NIV) "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

So when i was thinking about purging, I was thinking about this verse. I want to fill my head with righteous thoughts, with things that are good, and right, pure, lovely, etc. I want every sing part of me to bring God honor and glory and that includes my mind- especially my mind. I have been working so hard to cleanse my body and to make it a righteous sacrifice to bring Him glory but I realized it's not just this body I need to be working on- it's everything. So I guess I'll be doing a little "organizing" of my own self. Time to purge the old and make room for the new. It may not be easy but the end result is far more rewarding than letting it all go, so I will endure and do the work it takes to get there. I so desire to be a vessel God uses- from the inside out.

No comments: