Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Juicing, Day 9

Well, folks, it's been a fabulous week of juicing (although we did take mother's day off for a wonderful dinner- thanks to my hot husband).  That aside, we have been juicing and feeling GREAT!  I'm not very hungry (which is a HUGE thing for me).  I have very few temptations for fast food and the things that used to call out to me at random points during the day... liiiiiiiike Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, and even... Chipotle.  :)  In fact, NOT going to those places and binge eating during the week has helped me get rid of close to ten pounds (so far). 

So anyway, throughout the process of juicing I have tried two different juicers: The Champion and a Jack Lalane.  The first- the Champion was great, easy to assemble, disassemble, and clean but a little frustrating when the rinds get caught around the blade and slow it down.  The Jack Lalane may be more difficult to assemble and clean, but it's a great juicer.  It gets mixed reviews.  People say they like it for juicing because it has a powerful motor (I totally agree).  The downside is that the motor wears down quickly during your juicing sessions and often needs a break to cool down.

After trying these two courtesy of some precious angels, I started doing some real research.  I have been asked now by at least 15 different people which juicer I would recommend.  I'm no pro, but I do like to read, so I read a lot of pros and cons, likes and dislikes about all that is available today.  My findings concluded that Breville makes the best juicer, but I wanted something that wouldn't just juice.  I felt like I was wasting a lot of food in all of the waste that comes out during juicing.  So I dug deeper and I found my next project to save for.

THIS IS MY GOAL!

It's the vitamix juicer/blender.  You get everything: the seed, the pulp, the rind- all in the juice.  More and more studies are linking fruit and vegetable rinds and seeds with insane amounts of health benefits (like cancer prevention, heart health, and sooooooooo much more! 

So, pour me another!  I'm in love with juicing!!!!

NO LONGER I,

THE REAL LIFE MOM

No comments: