Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Bait of Satan

An invitation. It was an invite that everyone else got....  except me.  (This has actually happened a lot lately... do I smell?)  But I let it offend me.  Actually, I let something that silly hurt me.  I am such a female, I know.  I struggle with approval and acceptance.  I was sharing with a small group this week that one of my greatest struggles is the need for approval of man.  It comes in waves.  Sometimes it's not even an issue- other times I let it become an issue.

In many ways, instances like these show how much growing I really have to do.  They also show how insecure I am prone to being at times.  I wish I didn't let things like this bother me, but I do.  I am in love with this booked called THE BAIT OF SATAN: LIVING FREE FROM THE DEADLY TRAP OF OFFENSE.  The author discusses how Satan can and will use the CHOICE to be offended to steal, kill, and destroy relationships.  The gist of the book is that we have a choice to allow the enemy to work in our lives or we have a choice to battle that by not allowing the offense into our hearts and minds.

Luke 17:1 "It is impossible that no offenses should come."  And they do- they come, sometimes two or three a day... or many more.  We all get offended- I've probably offended you at some point...  I mean, I hope not, but it's likely.  I'm pretty straight forward.  My offenses come from my husband, from my children, from my friends.  They come all of the time.  What's important is my response.  I could gossip about the offender, I could cry or whine about it, or I could learn to lay it down.

"Many are unable to function properly in their calling because of the wounds and hurts that offenses have caused in their lives.  They are handicapped and hindered from filfilling their full potential."  (John Bevere-The Bait Of Satan)  It's true.  As long as I allow little things like this to offend me, I'll never be the friend, the wife, the mother, the woman that God created me to be.  I have wasted much time worrying about these things rather than surrendering them and walking in freedom. 

So my response today?  I'm laying this down.  I choose not to worry about this.  I'm laying this weakness at his feet and I'm going to learn to let things like this go- one at a time.  I want to be the woman He created me to be.  I want to grow up and learn to let these things go before they kill me or any of the friendships I hold so dearly.  So here's to a day lived one step at a time- walking down the path toward freedom.

No Longer I,

The real life mom

1 comment:

David T said...

You are becoming very inspirational to me with all of this. I admire you.

I wish I would have used your knowledge in the past, but everything happens for reason I guess.