Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hi ho! Hi Ho! It's off to work I NEED to go.

So, I have to find a job.  I'm definitely not opposed to working.  I'm a hard worker and happy to do it, but I really don't know how it will all play out.  I know childcare is INSANELY expensive and gas isn't exactly cheap right now soooooooo...  I'm trying to reinvent the wheel.  I'm trying to create a job (that isn't selling cosmetics, jewelry, or Tupperware) that I can do from home or closer to home than downtown.  I'm open to suggestions.

I'd love to write, to teach (like Beth Moore style- teaching women and girls, definitely not little people).  I'd love to do anything artistic, or anything administrative.  I'm completely organized and completely passionate at the same time.  I just need direction.  A friend suggested I advertise myself as a virtual assistant.  So what does that even look like?  How does one get started with that?  And what would I do to market it?

It seems almost ironic that I'm writing about wanting to write but it's not like those jobs are just falling from the sky.  So here I am.  I HAVE to do something, ANYTHING to help out.   In a few weeks the hottie will start his classes and we will lose income from his work on Saturdays and then he will have to cut back his hours to make sure he gets to classes on time.  I need to make sure he has enough time to study and not stress about these classes or about the cost of life.

So remind me again why being a housewife doesn't pay?  (Well...  not for THIS kind of housewife, anyway).  ;)

No comments: