Monday, March 24, 2008

A New Beginning

If you read the previous post, you know that I talked about wanting a fresh start. I always like to start things at the beginning of a new week because it feels like a clean slate. So with this new week, my husband and I have started working out and eating right. I want to dedicate my body (and all it entails) to God and that means I need to start taking care of it. I gained more than my fair share of weight during my pregnancy and now it's time to get rid of it. I want to be healthy for my husband, for my children and for my self. Because I have a tendency to be a yo-yo dieter I have a new philosophy. Everything I do I will do in Christ's strength, not my own. So when I woke up this morning, I dedicated my day to Him- everything that today held, from being a mom and a wife to being a child of God. I wanted everything I did today to be in His strength.

How did the day go? Well, during the course of the day I lost my temper several times with my oldest son, but aside from that it was okay. I forget, sometimes that to live in Christ's strength, I truly have to surrender my independence. And I may have to do this several times a day until surrendering my self is second nature. In the mean time, I may struggle here and there, but I praise God for those times because they humble me and remind me I can not do it on my own. I read this quote one time- Anything that brings me to the foot of Christ I count as a blessing. So all of the times when I lose my temper with my three year old or when I feel like I want to eat everything in my house or be lazy rather than work out- all of those times, I will choose to come to the foot of Christ and lay it down so He can work and live through me. :) It's so much easier when He does all of the work- so why do I keep trying to do it on my own? Perhaps I will never know. I am just glad He is the one in control and not me. I am off to get ready for tomorrow- Day 2 of my new life.

No comments: