Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy... Easter?

I was just thinking... this morning I woke up and got ready for church. I was in the same rush that I always find my self in. I hurried to get my shower, get my hair done, and get the baby ready so we could get out the door and to church in time for rehersal. I arrived at church and THEN it hit me- today is Easter. Not that I didn't recognize the day previously, but I had been so busy with getting ready and getting things done that I had not even acknowledged the significance of what today meant or who it was about. Until I arrived at church, the day had been all about me... once there, my focus completely changed. I realized why I was at church and to whom I was singing; my focused changed from me, me, me to Him in a matter of moments.

The theme at our church today was being made alive in Christ. I was thinking- when it's all about me, I am not truly ALIVE in Him. We have been given so much and He has done so much to show us His love and yet still we find ourselves asleep in Him. I want to be alive. I want to be outwardly focused, rather than inwardly focused- living a life that brings Him honor and praise. I want to become this woman, this loving, selfless, Christ centered, amazing wife and mother!!! I want to stay on the path that points me in the direction of true maturity in Christ, rather than just venturing off and on again as I please. I want this life I live to count for THE Kingdom. I want to live a life that exemplifies Galations 2:20-21 where it says "FOR I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED IN CHRIST AND I NO LONGER LIVE, BUT CHRIST LIVES IN ME. THE LIFE I LIVE IN THE BODY I LIVE BY FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD WHO LOVES ME AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME."

So my prayer is that rather than waking up and rushing to get ready, I would wake up and before I even get out of bed I would make the conscious choice to praise Him with my actions and with my words... to praise Him with my life!

No comments: