Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Update

Today's blog is an update on everything I have been working on or going through lately that I have shared in the past few months. :)

I have been doing very well with my workouts. The scale only reflects an 18 pound weight loss but my clothes are showing much more improvement, so I'm encouraged and excited! Let's see- what else? Oh! Timothy is doing insanely well! I am so excited! We started him on a gluten free diet one week ago and his teachers report an imporvement ALREADY! I am happy to say I, also have been shocked by his immediate change of behavior. :) He is most pleasant to be around 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time is him just being a boy- a normal boy! Finally!!! I cannot believe making one simple adjustment to his diet made such a huge change! WOW! So anyway, I must say I am so thankful to my good friend Candice for giving me my son back- what I mean is that her passion and perserverence have encouraged me and she has completely given me a new outlook on the possibilities that are available. What a blessing! :)

What else can we update? I have been (slowly) writing this book but there has not been much improvement as I have not dedicated enough time to making sure it gets done. You can keep praying for that- it will take discipline on my part and better time management. (baby steps...)

Also, a 'real life' update: I ran in to a woman at Starbucks today. She recognized my Trinity from the KSBJ website and thereby recognized me as the "real life mom", which is where my blog title comes from. She was sweet and as we talked in line, she asked me about my family, etc. She insisted on buying my drink because she said anyone with four kids deserves a treat every now and then! :) ha! So that totally made my day, but then I started thinking. I realized that era in my life is over now. I kept telling my self that I might pick it back up- you know, that the opportunity to keep encouraging and teaching (3 minutes a week) would come back around but as time goes on I see that it's really over- at least in that way. I know God will open up some other opportunities to teach and inspire women- probably with the book or with the ministry I have on my heart to start. Until then, I will continue to share and to encourage on here. So, of course my blog will continue, but I have finally come to the realization that the 'real life mom' is now simply Christi. It was fun, though. :) I made some good friends and have seen how God used me in the lives of others, so for that I am so thankful.

Anywho- that's all for today's update. My train is derailing for the evening so I better shut it down. :) God bless you. :)

No comments: