Monday, May 5, 2008

Ouch!

So training is not easy. In fact, it's down right hard! I am in so much pain sometimes I could just scream. I am frustrated because I want overnight results and am not seeing them. I am wise enough to know overnight results are not the kind I truly want (because they are not permanent). I just want this belly fat to fall off so I won't have such issues with my feet and shins. It's happening one pound at a time. And I am focusing on doing cardio so I am cool. I just needed to vent. Tonight was especially difficult because I am a genuis and decided to break in my new running shoes with a nice hard run (um... no.) This girl should have known better- now my ankles, shins, and especially my feet are insanely tender. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. I may not be feeling encouraged now but I will soon. I know when I wake up sore tomorrow it will be an encouragement to me that it is happening- the fat is coming off and eventually (not too far off) this will get easier. I don't know why I expected to be able to run a few miles immediately as that won't be the case for a while. But I will get there- I just keep pushing. Push past the pain and push onward to the other side of the pain where the results I want are waiting for me. :)

No, reader, I am not down on my self today- I am just sore and venting. It will be so neat to look back at these posts in a few months and giggle/ marvel at how far I have come and how these workouts kicked my butt. It will be then I will be able to run a few miles no problem. That's what I look forward to. :)

No comments: