Monday, January 14, 2008

Husband Of The Year


Seriously. I have been thinking about all my husband has been doing to take care of me lately and I think he deserves some kind of award. Yes, I will admit, in the beginning it was difficult- the beginning of this pregnancy. I was used to doing EVERYTHING my self- cooking, cleaning, bathing and taking care of our children, running errands, etc. Then less than a month in to the pregnancy I started to get sick- noticeably sick. I was suddenly handicapped from doing my normal "wifely" and "motherly" duties. I kept trying to be that same woman, but honestly have not been back there since May of this past year- when we got pregnant. So I had ONE conversation with my husband- only ONE. I explained to him that I was not faking this pregnancy, nor could I continue to do everything on my own. Once he noticed how truly ill I was and how much I was used to doing on my own, he took the reigns. He stepped up and has been the most amazing and generous husband EVER!

I don't know if you know any men like him, but seriously- to my knowledge they are few and far between. I feel so blessed to have him, to know him, to have the privilege of calling him my own. I feel like I am bragging, and perhaps that's okay. I just want to write a tribute to him. I want people to know what he has done for me. He has been cooking almost every single meal for the last few months. He wont let me do much housework or chase the kiddos. He does EVERYTHING!!! When he comes home from work, he points to the couch and says "sit"... and I do. :) He is probably the main reason baby Jacob and I have survived this pregnancy. I feel like I want to shout to God- THANK YOU FOR THIS BLESSING OF A MAN! For so long I felt like I didn't deserve him because he was so good to me. Don't get me wrong- we have had our 'not-so-good-times', but on the whole I feel nothing less than completely blessed with the way our lives have turned out and with the marriage God has given us. This man... this man is everything I ever wanted and so much more. He is patient, he is loving, he is so gentle, so giving, so thoughtful, such a hard worker, so sweet, so considerate, such an amazing caregiver, so funny and SO HANDSOME, so energetic, so smart, so selfless, so much the man God intended for him to be. I only hope I can become that woman to him- that loving, generous, selfless, proverbs 31 woman that God designed me to be- the helper for my Kyle.

I am a work in progress, I know that. I am just so excited to have such a good example of what it really means to love someone. I think if in no other way, Kyle has been such a strong leader here. He has put aside all things of him self so that our children and I can be loved and taken care of. He is a servant hearted, loving man and I thank God every single day for placing him in my life. :) Someone said to me recently- "you guys are so young and have only been married how long?" My response "we are 28 and 25 and have been married 5 and a half years". This respectable man's response "I can not believe how you guys love each other- you seem to have it all figured out and at such a young age! My wife and I have been married almost 30 years and are just now starting to figure out what it means to really love each other." If I have ever felt complimented in my life, I would have to say that was most certainly the greatest compliment of all for me- that my husband and I have learned what it really means to love. I don't always feel that way- in fact, sometimes I feel like we are walking blindly through this relationship but then I look back at where we have been and it's just like the Footprints poem- I can see the times when we had the most troubles, when we felt all alone- those were the times when God carried us. He brought us out of the scary unknown and set us on a rock. He taught us how to love each other. He gave us a firm foundation for our marriage and we have been growing closer every since then. What an awesome God we serve!

No comments: