Tuesday, November 6, 2007

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

So, I went to the hospital today to have that ultrasound- you know the one I am speaking of. It's the one where they tell you if you are going to have more estrogen or testosterone in your house- the one that, for me, told me if I was going to go mental or be relieved. Actually, I had resolved I would be excited either way, but my little boy needs a little brother in the worst way, so deep down- I NEEDED boy and could not be more excited. His name will be Jacob Tyler and I pray he carries the strong genes of my husband- gorgeous blue eyes, striking good looks.... Just kidding. I just really didn't believe this pregnancy would carry through to the end so a healthy baby is all I want now. :) I can't wait to meet him-well, obviously i can and will wait. I am just ecstatic after seeing him today- he was doing flips and waving at me and stretching out and rolling around. I have decided I am a human jungle gym and my son is constantly at play. This morning my husband and I were both awakened by little Jacob kicking. Yes, at 3:00 in the morning he was practicing to be a karate kid. Eleven more weeks... :) The countdown has begun.

Now I am actually getting a little nervous about the big day. I have had nightmares that something happens to my heart while they are taking him out. I have all sorts of scary dreams like that but I guess it's those darn pregnancy hormones. I am most confident in God protection and that He has a plan for me even now. He has His hand in my life and He knows the number of days I am to be here, so with confidence I will walk in to the OR when they take Jacob, and with confidence I will be wheeled out of there, baby in hands. :) I will keep you updated on baby's progress and my own. As of right now, it's looking to be the end of January when we meet him. I pray God's protection over him from now until that time. I pray for God's hand to be in him now and throughout his life. I pray Jacob will be a mighty man of God- a man after God's own heart. I pray he will learn from his father- God's heart for him- and He will come to know Christ at an early age, growing in his faith and teaching others. I have such a strong feeling about this baby- he is going to be amazing, I just know it! In the mean time, I just take a deep breath and smile at the picture him doing flips in his own personal jungle gym... his mommy.

No comments: