Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sex, Lies, and... (PART I of II)

Nah- no videotape (for those of you who are not old enough to get the reference, you might want to stop reading here).  

So what's this post all about?  Sex, right?  Perhaps.

I'm really writing to address the wildly popular book series called "50 Shades of Grey" and the newest (and most highly anticipated and praised) movie Magic Mike.   

No, I'm not a pastor, not a judge, not a Bible-beater or a fire-and-brimstone teacher, and not claiming to know everything there is to know about what the Bible says on the topic, but none-the-less, I feel compelled to share these thoughts with you, so here goes.  

No, I'm not writing about sex before marriage.  

No, it's not a list of dos and don'ts or a slap on the wrist for all of the fans of the aforementioned book and/ or the movie.

I want to share this blog with you.  CLICK HERE   This is the blog of a lady (whom I've never met or heard of before last night) who shared very similar opinions to those that are rolling around inside of my brain.  She penned several thoughts that I echo, and I applaud both her raw honesty and her boldness to come forward knowing she'd be in the minority.  Her name is Melissa Jenna.  Please take a moment to check out what she's written and then come back to read my response.

You might be surprised.

If you've never read this post (CLICK HERE) from last year, you might also want to take a look.

See you in a few!



No comments: