Monday, April 2, 2012

TEACHING AGAIN- The Confident Woman, by Anabel Gillham

So, I'm teaching again.

This Thursday I will begin a five week series on a book that radically changed me- like from my core (spiritual core, folks... I haven't quite uncovered my physical one yet).

The book is called The Confident Woman by Anabel Gillham (Click here to find out more about this book).  It's not a book I'd look at in the store and think "ooh!  I need to pick that up and read it for a life-changing experience."  In fact, my mentor gave me this book several years ago and it sat, collecting dust on my book shelf until this past December.

I had read through several studies in an attempt to find a study I wanted to teach on.  Several of them looked good, but in praying, none of them seemed to be just the right study.  And then one night as I laid down in my bed, this book caught my eye.  Out of sheer desperation, I grabbed the book and sighed as I broke the binding.  I thought "At the very least I can tell my mentor I've read it so she will stop asking."  And then I turned to page two... and something inside of me softened.  Then page three grabbed me by that thing in your throat that gets stuck whenever you are about to cry... and I sobbed as I turned tear stained page after tear stained page.

I hadn't even made it all the way through the first chapter before I knew this book was the one I had to teach.  I prayed and time after time, these thoughts were confirmed.  Before even finishing the book, I was preparing to teach on it.  It took me a while to complete the book because there is so much meat, so much emotion, so much truth to deal with that I couldn't read straight through.  I wanted to wrap my brain around every single nugget of wisdom this precious woman had to share.

And now I am taking five weeks to pass this along.

If you are in the area and would like to attend, by all means- please join us!  Like I told the others, I am no Beth Moore, but I am Christi Muhle and I have a word to share that will forever change you from the inside out- at least that's my prayer.

There's no charge for the study itself, but if you'd like to buy the book, it's $10 at our church.  Click on this link to register, or for more information. 

Here are a few words that I shared regarding the study:  Hope to see you there!!!


Women's Life

Good morning ladies!

Here are a few words from Christi Muhle regarding her upcoming Bible study based on the book, The Confident Woman, by Anabel Gillham.

"I'm a flawed, raw, stay-at-home mother of five who feels the strong urging of our Lord, Jesus Christ, to share this message with you - a message that radically changed my life and everything I thought I knew about God and His plan for my life. My goal is to teach His Word and honor Him, period. I'm just a normal woman with an extraordinary passion to share the truth of His message.

Join me on this 5 week journey as we learn what it means to let go of our own plans for being 'the perfect Christian' and embrace His love, power and calling on our life."

The Confident Woman
April 5-May 3 |  9:30-11:30am |  Rm 206

The life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.      (Gal 2:20)
The Women's Life Team

Love Jesus.  Journey Together.  Bring Hope.  



No comments: